Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nicka K. Lipstick Review


For the spring season, I decided to step my lipstick/lip gloss game up and try my hand at different colors and shades. I've always been the typical pink, clear, and skin tone chick when it came to my lips. I guess I was cautious about playing with different colors. I'm more into eyeshadow, anyway. However, last fall & during the winter I tried the bold red lip trend and I absolutely loved it. So, on my quest to being frugal and fabulous, I purchased five lipsticks by Nicka K for $0.99 each at Regina's Beauty Supply in Richmond, Virginia. It was a steal! Here is the review of my latest purchase of what I experienced. Of course I should have took pictures of the shades on my lips, but once I forgot three out of five, I just called it a day.

These are the shades from left to right

  • Vibrant Orange - Probably the safest out of all of them and my 2nd favorite new shade to try. I loved it. I got a couple of compliments on it and a few references to a M.A.C lip shade of the same hue. No, ladies, this was less than a buck. *snap*

  • Moody Blue - My dumb a** thought this shade was actually blue. Could you believe how excited I was to find blue lipstick for $0.99?? To my surprise, it's actually a mood lipstick that changes colors depending on your mood (or the temperature of your lips). Needless to say I'm always in a dark purple-like mood. A bummer, but not a complete loss. I bought a blue lip-liner and smudged it in.... instant blue. Yeah, I'm bad.

  • Bubble Gum - I'm used to this shade and it's nothing new. I should have known better but I actually was expecting more pink than an icy tone. Blah... boring.

  • Brilliant Fuchsia - I love it, but I was expecting a brighter shade of actual fuchsia. It comes on very burgundy, which for my taste is too damn serious of a lip color for my face.

  • Honey Buff - This by far is my favorite of all of them. I love the creamy nude look on my chocolate face. It really pops with a smoky eye application, which I really like.
I can't wait to share more of my finds with you. Remember it doesn't always have to cost a lot or be the latest and greatest for you to at least try it out. This is great way to try something new, without wasting a whole lot of money. If anyone says anything negative about it, tell 'em "F" you style!
 

2 comments:

  1. I got burned buying two moody shades as well. One navy blue and one light blue. I was so bummed when I saw that they were pink! Also, the darker shade left a stain that stayed for days. Very disappointing.
    I will try the orange though, upon your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moody blue: is a FUNKY MESS!!!...

    ReplyDelete