Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Plain Makeup Bag Turned Gaga Clutch


I saw this makeup bag insert to a leatgher purse at a thrift store in RVA almost a year ago. I knew that the bag was too cute to just be a plain makeup bag, and although it was plain on the outside, the material was strong enough and pretty enough for it to stand alone as a clutch. I always have broken necklaces and bracelets around for DIY projects, so I decided to get to work. I took a picture of the plain bags before I added anything to them to show what they looked like when I first purchesed them. Pay no attention to the ghetto fab nail designs I roacked at the time, it was a phase that I'm proud to have escaped from.

What You'll Need:

Plain clutch or makeup bag (I paid $1.00)
Glue Gun
Super Glue
Broken necklace or bracelets of your choice
Feathers (optional)
steady hands, tissue, and a fearless idea



I don't care that it's not perfect or doesn't have LV stamped all over it. It looks amazing to me. I rock this out to the club a couple of times and women complimented me on it. It's a work of art in my book. You can personalize your own clutch anyway you see fit. If you rather have a clutch full of feathers, do it. I needed something that screamed glamour and fab without it being it being in my outfit. this clutch could dress up a t-shirt and some jeans on any given day. Nothing will last around me, if it's plain #Justsaying

No comments:

Post a Comment